Shekhar Kapur advises NID girl students to invoke 'Shakti'
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Malinga double spells trouble for Windies
Amidst the outrage over gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic in Delhi, noted filmmaker Shekhar Kapur today asked the graduating girl students of National Institute of Design (NID) to invoke the "feminine spirit", or "Shakti", to change "what is happening in the country".
Asking the batch of over 250 students to remain "playful" and not turn serious while bracing up for the challenges of outside world, Kapur asked them to show "absolute rebelliousness".
"Given the politics and what's going on in Delhi and in rest of our country... You girls have the energy, you have the smiles, have education and I hope you have absolute rebelliousness to go out and change what is happening in the country," Kapur said in his convocation address.
"Not only with your creativity that you learned, but... which I believe (is) feminine female spirit that they called Shakti in mythology (you should and change the world)," said the acclaimed director.
"I don't think male and female is a separate identity.... When I look to creative expression, when I look to find poetry in my life..I search for the female in me," he said.
Talking about the designing, he said: "Your future design should be essentially Indian."
"While we love all the designs globalisation is giving us...it must be a tool to discover ourselves," Kapoor advised young designers, asking them to maintain originality, and added that greatest ideas of designs for his films came from the nature.
Talking about his upcoming film 'Paani', Kapoor said the its fundamental concept came from the mythology.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case