Shekhar Suman, Renuka Shahane among 'Jhalak..' participants
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Actors Shekhar Suman and Renuka Shahane are among the 12 celebrity contestants of the 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4', which will see former Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit making a comeback on TV as a judge.
The show, to be hosted by Mona Singh and Sumeet Raghavan, will also have television stars like Ragini Khanna, Ankita Lokhande, Sushant Singh Rajput, and Mahie Vij are participating in it along with Comedy Circus star Krushna Abhishek, Arjuna awardee pugilist Akhil Kumar, singer Anushka Manchanda, Indian idol contestant Meiyang Chang, besides item girl Yana Gupta.
The show goes on air from December 13 on Sony Entertainment Television.
The channel has decided to keep the identity of the 12th contestant as a surprise, that will be unveiled when the show goes on air next week, Sony officials said at a press conference in Mumbai on Tuesday night. "They were persuading me for two years. Finally, they took me to Los Angeles to see the American format of the 'Dancing with Stars' show," Madhuri said.
"The show was impressive and that is when the Sony officials said they were planning to replicate the same in India. That is when I decided that it was the right time to come in. Besides, dance is close to my heart," she added.
Madhuri said her preparations as a judge included understanding the different dance formats and styles. "I would be judging the personality of the contestants, their comfort level and their expressions and what they bring on stage," she added.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment