Shekhar Suman turns director with 'Heartless'
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Popular anchor and actor Shekhar Suman is back in action and this time he will be stepping into the director's shoes. 'Heartless', starring Adhyayan Suman, debutant Ariana Ayam, Om Puri, Deepti Naval and himself is a romantic thriller that Suman will be directing.
While romance is just a part of it, the film will also focus on a new medical phenomenon called the 'anesthesia awareness' (it's a condition where a patient cannot move his body, but can hear and understand all that's happening around him/her. Also the person can feel the pain in the body but cannot express it).
Talking about the film, Shekhar says, "'Heartless' is an usual love story which is refreshing and a new experience. In a period where Bollywood has nothing new to offer, I believe a film should have something that audience can carry back home when they leave the theatre. This is a film that concentrates on love between a mother and a son. I am sure every son will go home and give his mother a hug after watching the film."
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.