Shekhar Suman turns director with 'Heartless'
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Popular anchor and actor Shekhar Suman is back in action and this time he will be stepping into the director's shoes. 'Heartless', starring Adhyayan Suman, debutant Ariana Ayam, Om Puri, Deepti Naval and himself is a romantic thriller that Suman will be directing.
While romance is just a part of it, the film will also focus on a new medical phenomenon called the 'anesthesia awareness' (it's a condition where a patient cannot move his body, but can hear and understand all that's happening around him/her. Also the person can feel the pain in the body but cannot express it).
Talking about the film, Shekhar says, "'Heartless' is an usual love story which is refreshing and a new experience. In a period where Bollywood has nothing new to offer, I believe a film should have something that audience can carry back home when they leave the theatre. This is a film that concentrates on love between a mother and a son. I am sure every son will go home and give his mother a hug after watching the film."