Shenhua’s Drogba not a target, says Lippi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is not a transfer target for Chinese Super League champions Guangzhou Evergrande, coach Marcello Lippi has said. The Italian told local media there was no substance behind rumours he was planning a raid for Ivory Coast Drogba, who plays for Guangzhou's rivals Shanghai Shenhua.
"I know nothing about Didier Drogba's move," Lippi said. "I have never contacted him myself or via anybody since I took charge of Guangzhou."
According to Chinese media speculation, Lippi has been monitoring Drogba, whose future at Shanghai was thrown into doubt recently due an equity stake row among shareholders. Shenhua chairman Zhu Jun had blogged: "Somebody finally came to make a bid (for Drogba)."
Drogba has scored eight goals in 10 appearances since his shock move to China, while Guangzhou's summer signing Lucas Barrios has disappointed. "I don't know how (the rumours) come," Lippi added. "I am satisfied with my forwards."
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'