Shillong-based band to open Carlos Santana show at F1 Rocks
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Shillong-based Blue Rock band Soulmate will open the show for legendary guitarist Carlos Santana at F1 Rocks concert in India on October 28.
Soulmate has Rudy Wallang as its lead guitarist and Tipriti Kharbangar as the lead vocalist.
The duo is all geared up to create history in music by performing the opening act for Santana.
"It is an honour for us to perform an opening act for global music icon - - Carlos Santana. Our music derives inspiration from his legendary compositions. It is like a dream come true for us. We are looking forward for this special moment," they said.
Rudy is one of the foremost singer-songwriter-blues guitar players in the country with a long musical history having been part of the well known blues rock acts, Great Society & Mojo.
Tipriti 'Tips' Kharbangar has earned a name as one of the finest female singers to have emerged out of Shillong and India as a whole.
The North East band came together in Shillong in February 2003 playing their first concert at the 'Roots Festival' at the Water Sports Complex in Umiam.
Since then the band has performed many concerts all over the North East as well as in different parts of India, Southeast Asia, Europe, The Middle East and The USA.
Inspired by the roots and groovy sound and rhythm of the Blues, Blues-rock, Soul, Rock 'n' Roll, Funk and R&B, Soulmate has performed in more than 500 concerts all over India and abroad.