Shilpa Shetty in CWG controversy
- Chhattisgarh: Amit Jogi versus Bhupesh Baghel is now tape versus tape
- Of Rs 71,000-cr in Mudra loans, government credit Rs 2,000 cr
- Bijnor: Woman brutally beats up mother-in-law, caught on CCTV
- 30 dead judges on longlist: How Akhilesh Yadav tried to handpick Lokayukta until SC cracked down
- Seeking transfer to Centre, DDCA probe chief alleges pressure
The last Common Wealth Games which took places in India had created its share of controversy. Though the litigation on the alleged corrupt malpractices that came to light later is still ongoing, there was a new development on Monday. A Delhi court dealing with a CWG related corruption case said two of the accused promoters had paid Rs. 71.73 lakhs for actor Shilpa Shetty's performance in the closing ceremony of 2008 CWG Youth Games at Pune "merely to fulfill the last moment wish" of Suresh Kalmadi.
It is learnt that promoters of Faridabad-based Gem International, PD Arya and AK Madan, representing Swiss Timing, which was awarded the contract to install Timing, Scoring and Results (TSR) system for the 2010 CWG at inflated rates, had paid the money which was "arranged beyond the scope of work".
- Suspending dialogue after terrorist attack gives jihadis a veto over talks
- Bowie was an idol for everyone who didn’t know who they were, where they belonged
- Increase the stakeholders in the preservation of heritage
- A terror strike, a misdirected debate
- Mudra is a boon for small players
- Is bankruptcy code the first of a new trend?