Shinde son-in-law’s stolen SUV recovered
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
An SUV belonging to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's son-in-law Raj Shroff, that was stolen late on Thursday night, was recovered early on Sunday morning. The Mitsubishi Pajero was stolen from outside the residence of Shroff's driver near Bawla Compound, Curry Road, on Thursday. Shroff is married to Shinde's daughter Preeti.
According to the police, at 11 pm on Saturday, when MLA Praniti Shinde, Preeti's sister, was returning from Solapur, she noticed a familiar car sweep past the vehicle she was travelling in near Lilavati Hospital in Bandra. She alerted her police escorts, who tried to stop the SUV. However, the man at the wheel reversed and sped away.
The police said Praniti's driver Vijay Kharat and constable Abhang followed the car maintaining a safe distance. When they crossed the hospital they sped past the SUV and stopped it. Kharat and Abhang got out, but the driver again reversed the SUV and sped away towards Dadar.
The police control room was informed and the Bandra police began a frantic search. Bandra police officers then started checking the slums in the area. In the early hours of Sunday, they found the SUV abandoned at Lal Matti slums at Bandra Reclamation.
The Bandra police have handed over the vehicle to the N M Joshi police who had registered a theft case against unknown persons.