Shinde son-in-law’s stolen SUV recovered
An SUV belonging to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's son-in-law Raj Shroff, that was stolen late on Thursday night, was recovered early on Sunday morning. The Mitsubishi Pajero was stolen from outside the residence of Shroff's driver near Bawla Compound, Curry Road, on Thursday. Shroff is married to Shinde's daughter Preeti.
According to the police, at 11 pm on Saturday, when MLA Praniti Shinde, Preeti's sister, was returning from Solapur, she noticed a familiar car sweep past the vehicle she was travelling in near Lilavati Hospital in Bandra. She alerted her police escorts, who tried to stop the SUV. However, the man at the wheel reversed and sped away.
The police said Praniti's driver Vijay Kharat and constable Abhang followed the car maintaining a safe distance. When they crossed the hospital they sped past the SUV and stopped it. Kharat and Abhang got out, but the driver again reversed the SUV and sped away towards Dadar.
The police control room was informed and the Bandra police began a frantic search. Bandra police officers then started checking the slums in the area. In the early hours of Sunday, they found the SUV abandoned at Lal Matti slums at Bandra Reclamation.
The Bandra police have handed over the vehicle to the N M Joshi police who had registered a theft case against unknown persons.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate