Shinde son-in-law’s stolen SUV recovered
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
An SUV belonging to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's son-in-law Raj Shroff, that was stolen late on Thursday night, was recovered early on Sunday morning. The Mitsubishi Pajero was stolen from outside the residence of Shroff's driver near Bawla Compound, Curry Road, on Thursday. Shroff is married to Shinde's daughter Preeti.
According to the police, at 11 pm on Saturday, when MLA Praniti Shinde, Preeti's sister, was returning from Solapur, she noticed a familiar car sweep past the vehicle she was travelling in near Lilavati Hospital in Bandra. She alerted her police escorts, who tried to stop the SUV. However, the man at the wheel reversed and sped away.
The police said Praniti's driver Vijay Kharat and constable Abhang followed the car maintaining a safe distance. When they crossed the hospital they sped past the SUV and stopped it. Kharat and Abhang got out, but the driver again reversed the SUV and sped away towards Dadar.
The police control room was informed and the Bandra police began a frantic search. Bandra police officers then started checking the slums in the area. In the early hours of Sunday, they found the SUV abandoned at Lal Matti slums at Bandra Reclamation.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words