Shiromani Akali never condemned any act of terror: Punjab PCC leader
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A Punjab Congress leader today alleged that the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal "never condemned" acts of terror.
"I want to ask the Akali leaders why they have always kept quiet about the incidents of terror," Former Punjab Youth Congress president and Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu said while campaigning for party candidate Vijay Sathi for February 23 bypoll here."Leave aside condemning terror acts like the killing of innocent people, they have never even opposed these acts," he claimed.
The grandson of former Chief Minister late Beant Singh, who was assassinated by terrorists, urged people not to waste their vote on those "who had no sympathy for the victims of terrorism".
He appealed voters to ensure that the Congress candidate gets elected from Moga and send a clear message against terror and against those who do not oppose it.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties