Shiromani Akali never condemned any act of terror: Punjab PCC leader
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
A Punjab Congress leader today alleged that the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal "never condemned" acts of terror.
"I want to ask the Akali leaders why they have always kept quiet about the incidents of terror," Former Punjab Youth Congress president and Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu said while campaigning for party candidate Vijay Sathi for February 23 bypoll here."Leave aside condemning terror acts like the killing of innocent people, they have never even opposed these acts," he claimed.
The grandson of former Chief Minister late Beant Singh, who was assassinated by terrorists, urged people not to waste their vote on those "who had no sympathy for the victims of terrorism".
He appealed voters to ensure that the Congress candidate gets elected from Moga and send a clear message against terror and against those who do not oppose it.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan