Shiromani Akali never condemned any act of terror: Punjab PCC leader
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
A Punjab Congress leader today alleged that the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal "never condemned" acts of terror.
"I want to ask the Akali leaders why they have always kept quiet about the incidents of terror," Former Punjab Youth Congress president and Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu said while campaigning for party candidate Vijay Sathi for February 23 bypoll here."Leave aside condemning terror acts like the killing of innocent people, they have never even opposed these acts," he claimed.
The grandson of former Chief Minister late Beant Singh, who was assassinated by terrorists, urged people not to waste their vote on those "who had no sympathy for the victims of terrorism".
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump