Shiromani Akali never condemned any act of terror: Punjab PCC leader
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A Punjab Congress leader today alleged that the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal "never condemned" acts of terror.
"I want to ask the Akali leaders why they have always kept quiet about the incidents of terror," Former Punjab Youth Congress president and Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu said while campaigning for party candidate Vijay Sathi for February 23 bypoll here."Leave aside condemning terror acts like the killing of innocent people, they have never even opposed these acts," he claimed.
The grandson of former Chief Minister late Beant Singh, who was assassinated by terrorists, urged people not to waste their vote on those "who had no sympathy for the victims of terrorism".
He appealed voters to ensure that the Congress candidate gets elected from Moga and send a clear message against terror and against those who do not oppose it.