Shiv Jayanti celebrated in Maharashtra
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Shiv Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Shivaji Maharaj, was celebrated with traditional fervour in Maharashtra today.
In Mumbai, Governor K Sankaranarayanan paid floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj statue at Shivaji Park.
The programme was organised by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and the Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Commemoration Committee.
Mayor of Mumbai Sunil Prabhu, Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte, office bearers of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Commemoration Committee and citizens were present on the occasion.
The Governor also participated in the Shiv Jayanticelebrations organised by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation at Mayor's Bungalow and listened to the patriotic songs presented by the Sangeet Kala Academy of Municipal Corporation.