Shivpal blames Centre for Dadri project delay
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
The proposed gas-based thermal power project at Dadri in Gautam Buddha Nagar, which was to be set up by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, will not be built because of lack of support from the Centre, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav informed the Assembly on Wednesday. Shivpal, who was speaking on behalf of the Chief Minister, made the remark while answering a supplementary question raised by BJP leader Hukum Singh on the power crisis during question hour.
"Nothing has been done in Dadri, nothing is going on at present, and nothing will be done in future also," Shivpal said. During the last Mulayam Singh Yadav government, nearly 2,500 acres of land was acquired for a 7,480 MW gas-based power project. "We did not get the support of the Centre, it did not provide gas. I don't want to name them but several people even plied tractors on that land. We did not get even your support," Shivpal said, referring to opposition members.
Earlier, Satish Mahana of the BJP had the government on the backfoot when he asked if it had any immediate scheme to deal with the current power crisis. Dissatisfied with Shivpal's reply, the opposition members created an uproar in the house.