Shivraj Patil: We have spent 99% of funds in 11th Five Year plan
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The UT Administrator- cum-Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, on Thursday, participated in the 57th National Development Council meeting held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
The meeting was convened under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister to deliberate on Draft 12th Five Year Plan. Patil said that Chandigarh has used 99 percent of funds given to it in the 11th Five year plan and has earned more revenue than it has spent on the Non-Plan activities.
He said that Chandigarh and the neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula now need Metro Railways and already a project report for the Metro has been prepared for its implementation in the 12 th Plan. Besides the augmentation of the existing transport facilities, health and educational facilities, UT Administration is set to complete the construction of 25,000 houses to provide proper shelter to the slum dwellers in the 12 th Plan, making Chandigarh slum free under Rajiv Awas Yogna.
He reiterated that the challenge of meeting the requirement of energy can be significantly met by promoting the solar energy, especially for meeting the domestic needs of the people.