Shocker: Enraged father bites off nose, lip, cheek of 5-mth old daughter, hospital turns her away!
- Take our 'successes' to the people: PM Modi tells BJP MPs
- AgustaWestland case: Within days, Haschke and Khaitan joined board of Emaar-MGF
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab F-16 deal: US
- Govt defers Agusta-Tata joint venture; FIPB took decision on April 8, day after Milan verdict
- Coal scam: CBI officer’s note on corruption by colleagues set to enter SC tomorrow
A 36-year old man allegedly bit his 5-month old daughter's nose, lip and cheek in a fit of rage in the district last week, police said.
Bahadur Singh was drunk when he reached his house at Siyana village on Thursday night and had a spat with his wife Santosh over some domestic issue, said Anil Kumar Bishnoi, SHO of Kolayat police station.
During the quarrel, he beat up his 3-year old daughter Bhanwari and then bit his younger daughter Radha's upper lip, nose and cheek in a fit of anger, he said.
Neighbors came to the rescue of the baby who was taken to a hospital and doctors there referred her to Sawai Man Singh government hospital in Jaipur where medial experts suggested plastic surgery for the baby's face, the police official said.
However, on her mother's wish, she was taken back to the PBM government hospital in Bikaner yesterday.
Tragically, according to reports, hospitals refused to treat the child despite her horrific injuries and tried to pass the buck, leading to quite a long delay before her injuries received attention.
The father was arrested on Friday and is currently under judicial custody, police said adding he has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt through dangerous weapons or means) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of IPC.
Meanwhile, district administration sources said the state medical and health department has sought details of the baby and the incident from the district collector and the girl would be provided free treatment facilities by the government.
- Behind Bhagat Singh controversy, an attempt to impose one notion of nationalism
- The spate of murders by Islamists in Bangladesh takes place amid a failing politics
- We need a thorough overhaul of the fundamental structure of the public museum
- China’s counter-terror relationship with Pakistan will continue to test China-India relations
- Maharashtra’s social contract is fraying. Its political elites cannot comprehend, or handle, the situation
- ‘Masaan’ and ‘Nil Battey Sanatta’ frame the true meaning of empowerment