Shocker: Enraged father bites off nose, lip, cheek of 5-mth old daughter, hospital turns her away!
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
A 36-year old man allegedly bit his 5-month old daughter's nose, lip and cheek in a fit of rage in the district last week, police said.
Bahadur Singh was drunk when he reached his house at Siyana village on Thursday night and had a spat with his wife Santosh over some domestic issue, said Anil Kumar Bishnoi, SHO of Kolayat police station.
During the quarrel, he beat up his 3-year old daughter Bhanwari and then bit his younger daughter Radha's upper lip, nose and cheek in a fit of anger, he said.
Neighbors came to the rescue of the baby who was taken to a hospital and doctors there referred her to Sawai Man Singh government hospital in Jaipur where medial experts suggested plastic surgery for the baby's face, the police official said.
However, on her mother's wish, she was taken back to the PBM government hospital in Bikaner yesterday.
Tragically, according to reports, hospitals refused to treat the child despite her horrific injuries and tried to pass the buck, leading to quite a long delay before her injuries received attention.
The father was arrested on Friday and is currently under judicial custody, police said adding he has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt through dangerous weapons or means) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of IPC.
Meanwhile, district administration sources said the state medical and health department has sought details of the baby and the incident from the district collector and the girl would be provided free treatment facilities by the government.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready