Shoma Chaudhury issued summons to testify in Tehelka sexual assault case
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Former managing editor of Tehelka Shoma Chaudhury was issued summons to record her statement in the Tehelka sexual assault case. The date however has not been fixed.
Earlier, Tehelka founder and former editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused by a female colleague of sexually assaulting her, was taken for a second round of medical examination. Later he will be brought to the Institute of Psychiatry and Mental Health.
Tejpal has been arrested by the Goa police after the girl claimed in an email to former managing editor Shoma Chaudhury that she was sexually assaulted during the Think fest of the magazine in Goa. Taking suo moto cognizance of the report the Goa police had filed an FIR.
Later a Goa court had rejected Tejpal's anticipatory bail application and subsequently he was arrested by the police. He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
Tejpal's medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at the Goa Medical College and Hospital. Various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Meanwhile, a court rejected Tejpal's application for a fan in his prison cell.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions