Shoma Chaudhury issued summons to testify in Tehelka sexual assault case
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Former managing editor of Tehelka Shoma Chaudhury was issued summons to record her statement in the Tehelka sexual assault case. The date however has not been fixed.
Earlier, Tehelka founder and former editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused by a female colleague of sexually assaulting her, was taken for a second round of medical examination. Later he will be brought to the Institute of Psychiatry and Mental Health.
Tejpal has been arrested by the Goa police after the girl claimed in an email to former managing editor Shoma Chaudhury that she was sexually assaulted during the Think fest of the magazine in Goa. Taking suo moto cognizance of the report the Goa police had filed an FIR.
Later a Goa court had rejected Tejpal's anticipatory bail application and subsequently he was arrested by the police. He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
Tejpal's medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at the Goa Medical College and Hospital. Various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Meanwhile, a court rejected Tejpal's application for a fan in his prison cell.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket