Shoma Chaudhury meets NCW member
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Former Managing Editor of Tehelka Shoma Chaudhury on Thursday met NCW member in charge of Goa Shamina Shafiq and is understood to have briefed her about the magazine's response in dealing with alleged sexual assult case against its editor Tarun Tejpal.
Chaudhury visited the NCW office in Central Delhi and briefed Shafiq about the response of Tehelka after receiving complaints of the women journalist who accused Tejpal of sexual assult, sources said.
Earlier in the day, Chaudhury, accused of attempting a cover up, resigned as Managing Editor of Tehelka.
Tejpal has already been booked by Goa police for alleged sexual assault of the women journalist colleague in Goa early this month.
"Over the past week, I have been accused of an attempt to cover-up and for not standing by my feminist positions. While I accept that I could have done many things differently and in a more measured way, I reject the allegations of a cover-up because in no way could the first actions that were taken be deemed suppression of any kind," Chaudhury said in her resignation letter. The woman journalist resigned from Tehelka on Monday.
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city