Shooter Heena Sidhu to marry tomorrow
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu from Patiala will be tying the knot with fellow shooter Raunak Pandit in a ceremony in Panchkula on Thursday.
The 23-year-old shooter, who won a silver medal in the 10 M Air Rifle event in the individual category in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, which were held in Delhi, will be getting married to Pandit, who is the son of former international shooter Ashok Pandit.
Raunak Pandit had also won the gold medal in the 25 M pistol event along with Samresh Jung in the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
The wedding will take place at Golden Tulip Resort in Panchkula on Thursday afternoon and most of the country's top shooters will attend the wedding. Sidhu, who is also a dentist, is based in Patiala.
Last year, international shooter Avneet Sidhu from Punjab had married former Indian hockey captain Rajpal Singh.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China