Shooter Heena Sidhu to marry tomorrow
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu from Patiala will be tying the knot with fellow shooter Raunak Pandit in a ceremony in Panchkula on Thursday.
The 23-year-old shooter, who won a silver medal in the 10 M Air Rifle event in the individual category in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, which were held in Delhi, will be getting married to Pandit, who is the son of former international shooter Ashok Pandit.
Raunak Pandit had also won the gold medal in the 25 M pistol event along with Samresh Jung in the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
The wedding will take place at Golden Tulip Resort in Panchkula on Thursday afternoon and most of the country's top shooters will attend the wedding. Sidhu, who is also a dentist, is based in Patiala.
Last year, international shooter Avneet Sidhu from Punjab had married former Indian hockey captain Rajpal Singh.
"Heena will be getting married to Pandit on Thursday. The invites were sent earlier this year and the couples' parents will also be there. The duo met a few years ago and decided to marry. It is good that the sport brought them together," shared TS Dhillon, vice president of the National Rifle Association of India, which is based in Chandigarh.