Shooter Heena Sidhu to marry tomorrow
- In Textiles Ministry, a tussle brews between Smriti Irani and Secretary
- VK Singh tried to deny me promotion via false charges, malafide intent: Army Chief Dalbir Singh
- Rio Olympics: Sakshi Malik wins bronze in women's wrestling 58kg category, opens India's account
- PM Modi, Amit Shah lay foundation stone for new BJP headquarters in New Delhi
- CRPF says it has fired over 3000 pellet cartridges in Kashmir since July 8
Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu from Patiala will be tying the knot with fellow shooter Raunak Pandit in a ceremony in Panchkula on Thursday.
The 23-year-old shooter, who won a silver medal in the 10 M Air Rifle event in the individual category in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, which were held in Delhi, will be getting married to Pandit, who is the son of former international shooter Ashok Pandit.
Raunak Pandit had also won the gold medal in the 25 M pistol event along with Samresh Jung in the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
The wedding will take place at Golden Tulip Resort in Panchkula on Thursday afternoon and most of the country's top shooters will attend the wedding. Sidhu, who is also a dentist, is based in Patiala.
Last year, international shooter Avneet Sidhu from Punjab had married former Indian hockey captain Rajpal Singh.
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university
- Baloch nationalists have always wished to be treated as an entity separate from Pakistan
- Balochistan and Kashmir have become key strategic points in Sino-Pak ties
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good