Shooter Heena Sidhu to marry tomorrow
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu from Patiala will be tying the knot with fellow shooter Raunak Pandit in a ceremony in Panchkula on Thursday.
The 23-year-old shooter, who won a silver medal in the 10 M Air Rifle event in the individual category in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, which were held in Delhi, will be getting married to Pandit, who is the son of former international shooter Ashok Pandit.
Raunak Pandit had also won the gold medal in the 25 M pistol event along with Samresh Jung in the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
The wedding will take place at Golden Tulip Resort in Panchkula on Thursday afternoon and most of the country's top shooters will attend the wedding. Sidhu, who is also a dentist, is based in Patiala.
Last year, international shooter Avneet Sidhu from Punjab had married former Indian hockey captain Rajpal Singh.
"Heena will be getting married to Pandit on Thursday. The invites were sent earlier this year and the couples' parents will also be there. The duo met a few years ago and decided to marry. It is good that the sport brought them together," shared TS Dhillon, vice president of the National Rifle Association of India, which is based in Chandigarh.