Shootout over parking space, 1 dead in Mohali
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Two of the men who allegedly fired the shots were caught by the local residents on the spot while the others ran away in the cars parked outside. The two have been handed over to the police. The police also recovered two vehicles belonging to the accused. The police have also recovered two weapons from the spot and two from the arrested boys.
Residents added that arguments between the two groups were going on for the past two days and a heated fight had taken place this afternoon. Amarpreet, Gaganjot and Simranjit asked the group of boys not to park their cars in front of their house. "They had at least five cars. They had come here recently and said they were from Amritsar," said Manjit.
Amarpreet is survived by his wife and son. Gaganjot and Simarjit have had the bullets removed and are critical.