Shootout over parking space, 1 dead in Mohali
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Two of the men who allegedly fired the shots were caught by the local residents on the spot while the others ran away in the cars parked outside. The two have been handed over to the police. The police also recovered two vehicles belonging to the accused. The police have also recovered two weapons from the spot and two from the arrested boys.
Residents added that arguments between the two groups were going on for the past two days and a heated fight had taken place this afternoon. Amarpreet, Gaganjot and Simranjit asked the group of boys not to park their cars in front of their house. "They had at least five cars. They had come here recently and said they were from Amritsar," said Manjit.
Amarpreet is survived by his wife and son. Gaganjot and Simarjit have had the bullets removed and are critical.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota