Short-film contest to promote unexplored destination
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Incredible India, an initiative by the ministry of tourism, Government of India, in association with Trivone Digital Services, content-based digital solutions provider, has launched a short film contest for travellers to promote tourism by depicting pristine destinations within the country.
The contest, open to both Indians and foreign nationals, aims to promote unexplored destinations, encourage visitors to share their travel adventures. Anyone who loves travelling and capturing those moments can upload travel videos of less than three minutes' duration on the Pixel13 website to showcase the best of their experiences.
Pixel13 invites videos that portray best destinations, travel experiences and guidelines to visit lesser-known places. The initiative has already received tremendous response with over 1800 entries and about 2000 members. Eminent filmmaker Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, who made several memorable movies like India's first silent movie in color 'Pushpak', will be heading the high-powered jury.
Speaking about the campaign, L Subramanyan, founder and chief executive officer, Trivone Digital Services said, "We are happy to join hands with Incredible India to promote Indian tourist destinations globally. Our aim is to get tourists to document and articulate their experience through a short video film that can be accessed by anyone who visits the website. We also think that such a venture can create awareness of little known places within the country which have remained unexplored."
The short-film adjudged as the 'Best Film' based on the online poll and jury will receive a prize worth INR 50,000 sponsored by Royal Orchid Hotels.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express