- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Crafts and Culture
Craftspeople from India and Pakistan headline the Dastakari Haat Samiti at Dilli Haat. 190 artisans from villages, towns and cities of various parts of India are exhibiting at the fair, and you get a smorgasbord of ethnic and contemporary apparel and products. Visitors to the fair will also have the opportunity to interact and pick up tips from the Indian and Pakistani craftspeople. The fair will end on January 15.
The human form gets multiple interpretations in an exhibition of painting and sculptures, titled "Pause and Play", by artist Puja Kshatriya. The artwork are primarily figurative and take inspiration from regular faces and expressions. The series emphasises the importance of detachment and the need to build inner strength. The exhibition will be held at 5, Kehar Singh Estate, Lane no. 2, Westend Marg, Said-ul-ajab till January 25.
Art of Bombay
The Serigraph Studio in Bandra — a publishing firm established in 2003 — will host a viewing of limited edition serigraphs by renowned artists such as Sakti Burman, SH Raza and Jogen Choudhary on the morning of January 12. Titled, "Bombay Art Morning", this session will include all things reminiscent of Mumbai culture, such as cutting chai, vada pav and dabbawala snacks.
Music that Heals
Koshish, a band led by Shubha Mudgal and with Sudhir Nayak, Murad Ali, Benoni Soans, Aneesh Pradhan, Tony Dias, Bertie D'silva and Pratap Rath as members, will perform at the NCPA on January 11. The event, titled "One World Many Musics", celebrates the power of music as a healing force. Contact: 22824567
Vijay Singh Chouhan's series "Woman" is a tribute to the Indian woman, depicting her journey that encompasses traditions, rituals, places, wars and the Vedas. Singh's works from his 'Woman' and 'Ganesha' series are on display at Art Portfolio, 141-142 Sector 9C, Madhya Marg, till January 13
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean