I am fine, tweets Shruti Haasan after stalker attack at home
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Actress Shruti Haasan tweeted that she was fine and was doing well after a stalker attacked her on Tuesday (November 19) at her residence in Mumbai.
Shruti Haasan, who is the daughter of Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan, also informed a colleague form the southern film industry that the police is looking into the matter.
I'm doing fine and thankyou for the concern -— shruti haasan (@shrutihaasan) November 19, 2013
She further tweeted: @khushsundar thanks mam am doing much better - cops are on it.. thanks for checking on me :)
Shruti Haasan was attacked by an unidentified stalker at her residence in Bandra Mumbai. According to reports, the stalker allegedly tried to barge into Shruti's residence, but her timely act of closing the door prevented the man from entering her house in suburban Bandra.
A source close to the 27-year-old actress said that Shruti Haasan opened the door when a man rang the doorbell of her sixth floor residence in her building at about 9.30 am.
"The man wanted to know from her why she was not recognising him and not talking to him. Shruti Haasan did not entertain the man, saying she did not know him, but the man tried to barge into her house. Shruti immediately banged the door," the source said.
The stalker was seen on her movie sets on a number of occasions, the source said.
Reacting to the attack on the actress, famous south actress Khushbu Sundar posted a tweet.
@shrutihaasan hey brave lady..hope things r fine..take care dear..loads of love n hugs...— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) November 19, 2013