Shun BJP, Cong, vote BSP to power: Maya
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
BSP supremo Mayawati on Sunday kickstarted her party's election campaign from Rajkot and appealed to voters to shun both the BJP and the Congress.
Addressing a public rally at Lal Bahadur Shashri Maidan, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister urged the people to vote the BSP to power in order to get rid of their problems.
"If you want to get rid of all the problems that your are facing in Gujarat, then instead of the Congress and the BJP, try to help the BSP form the government."
"Unlike opposition parties that have come to power with financial support from industries, we will come to power in Gujarat with the help of our committed voters. So our government will not function under industries' obligation. We can work for the poor and the downtrodden," she said at her first rally in Gujarat.
In a bid to woo SCs, STs, OBCs and the poor upper caste, she said, "Development has not touched all these communities. The BSP is the only party that works for them."
As many as 163 BSP candidates are in the fray in