Shun BJP, Cong, vote BSP to power: Maya
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
BSP supremo Mayawati on Sunday kickstarted her party's election campaign from Rajkot and appealed to voters to shun both the BJP and the Congress.
Addressing a public rally at Lal Bahadur Shashri Maidan, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister urged the people to vote the BSP to power in order to get rid of their problems.
"If you want to get rid of all the problems that your are facing in Gujarat, then instead of the Congress and the BJP, try to help the BSP form the government."
"Unlike opposition parties that have come to power with financial support from industries, we will come to power in Gujarat with the help of our committed voters. So our government will not function under industries' obligation. We can work for the poor and the downtrodden," she said at her first rally in Gujarat.
In a bid to woo SCs, STs, OBCs and the poor upper caste, she said, "Development has not touched all these communities. The BSP is the only party that works for them."
As many as 163 BSP candidates are in the fray in
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city