Shunted out, Damayanti sent to Hills in turmoil
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
IPS officer Damayanti Sen, who had been at the core of the raging controversy after the Park Street gangrape incident, has got a new challenging posting. She will be the new DIG (Darjeeling Range). Sen was shunted out of Kolkata Police where she was Joint Commission of Police (Detective Department ) after she cracked the Park Street rape case and virtually deflated Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's claim that the incident was a "fabricated one intended to malign the Trinamool Congress government".
Sen held on to the view that the rape victim's allegations had elements of truth and arrested some of the accused. But the government shunted her out and made Sen DIG (Training) at Barrackpore.