Shunted out of top 10 banks list, 'displeased' HDFC Bank wants rankings overhauled
- Shooting in US military base leaves four persons dead, 14 injured
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Expressing displeasure over not being in Punjab government's top 10 banks list, private lender HDFC Bank today sought tweaking in criteria for giving ranks to banks for allotting government business - during last ranking done by the state six months back, HDFC Bank had secured first position in the list.
"The state (Punjab) government should bring competition among banks (for ranking purpose) which will help the state... we want those parameters which should encourage banks to focus on the state," HDFC Bank Branch Banking Head (North) Govind Pandey told reporters here.
HDFC Bank, which has 400 branches in Punjab, will seek from state government consideration of the bank's network or branch strength and size of business in the state while ranking any bank for allocating business.
"Bank's network or branches in the state, size of business in the state...these things should also be taken into consideration," he added.
HDFC Bank also sought to differentiate large or commercial banks with cooperative or small banks while working out rank for any bank as later normally have less presence or branch strength. "Cooperative banks should be put in separate category (for ranking purpose)," he said.
He said that the matter would soon be taken up with the appropriate authority for bringing change in the parameters.
The Punjab government had decided that it would allocate government business, including placement of deposits to banks as per ranking done by the state.
As per latest ranking done by the Punjab government, Punjab State Cooperative Bank has replaced HDFC Bank by acquiring first rank among the list of top 10 banks in the state. HDFC Bank is not in the new list of top 10 banks.
The state government, currently, considers achievement of national goals set by RBI towards lending to priority sector, agriculture, weaker section and credit deposit ratio by banks in Punjab to give ranks.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to Supreme Court: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful