Shushilkumar Shinde to campaign for Congress candidates in Nagaland
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Middleman Haschke enters plea bargain
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Sonia-Imam meet: BJP moves EC
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress questions Modi over 'pink revolution' remark
Union Home Minister Shushilkumar Shinde is scheduled to address three election rallies for the Congress candidates in the run up to the February 23 elections in Nagaland.
State Pradesh Congress Committee general secretary (admn) Medokul Sophie told PTI today that Shinde is scheduled to address three political rallies in the state.
Shinde would visit Khuzama village under Kohima district in a chopper and address an election rally. He would then go to Jalukie in Peren district to attend another rally at 10.50 am and then fly over to Tuli in Mokokchung district, he said.
Shinde would be the third Central leader to be in thestate for election campaign after AICC president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi's successful campaign on February 7 and 17 in Mokokchung, Dimapur, Mon and Tuensang districts.
Arunachal Chief Minister, Nabam Tuki who has been addressing election rallies since February 6 last is also scheduled to address at least four rallies in Kohima the same day, Sophie said.
Tuki would begin the rally from Kohima village, largest Naga village in the state, falling under Northern Angami-I constituency followed by a addressing the public in the heart of the capital at Old MLA Hostel Junction by noon, he said.
He would then campaign for former NPCC president K V Pusa at Viswema under Southern Angami-II A/C in the afternoon, Sophie said.
Meanwhile, Sophie also said that the visit of Union Home Minister would be the last of the central leaders coming to Nagaland to campaign for the 57 Congress candidates.
- Permissions for clinical trials delayed, bio pharma firms plan to leave country
- Davis Cup: Sanam to play against South Korean today
- Extension of lal dora, regularisation of changes in CHB houses… parties take due note of people’s agenda
- Modi steers clear of Muzaffarnagar
- Actor Jaaved Jaaferi reluctant to play Muslim card in Lucknow
- Royals set to miss home games as India leg of IPL 7 begins May 2