Shushilkumar Shinde to campaign for Congress candidates in Nagaland
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Union Home Minister Shushilkumar Shinde is scheduled to address three election rallies for the Congress candidates in the run up to the February 23 elections in Nagaland.
State Pradesh Congress Committee general secretary (admn) Medokul Sophie told PTI today that Shinde is scheduled to address three political rallies in the state.
Shinde would visit Khuzama village under Kohima district in a chopper and address an election rally. He would then go to Jalukie in Peren district to attend another rally at 10.50 am and then fly over to Tuli in Mokokchung district, he said.
Shinde would be the third Central leader to be in thestate for election campaign after AICC president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi's successful campaign on February 7 and 17 in Mokokchung, Dimapur, Mon and Tuensang districts.
Arunachal Chief Minister, Nabam Tuki who has been addressing election rallies since February 6 last is also scheduled to address at least four rallies in Kohima the same day, Sophie said.
Tuki would begin the rally from Kohima village, largest Naga village in the state, falling under Northern Angami-I constituency followed by a addressing the public in the heart of the capital at Old MLA Hostel Junction by noon, he said.
He would then campaign for former NPCC president K V Pusa at Viswema under Southern Angami-II A/C in the afternoon, Sophie said.
Meanwhile, Sophie also said that the visit of Union Home Minister would be the last of the central leaders coming to Nagaland to campaign for the 57 Congress candidates.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today