Shyamche Vadil... tackles social issues
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Tackling the issue of divorce which has become rampant in our society today, the film Shyamche Vadil-Ek Nave Parva sensitively portrays the effect that divorce has on the social fabric of a family. Considered taboo years ago, divorce no longer remains a stigma and reflects the growing level of intolerance that is prevalent in the society. It also depicts how children can manipulate their parents and cause a rift in their relationship.
The film revolves around a couple, Madhav and Leena Deshpande, who are married for over 25 years. While the wife is a working woman, the husband looks after their only son and does sundry jobs to earn a living. Their son Shyam goads his father to seek divorce from his mother, thus upsetting a happy marriage. Produced by Ajay Pathak and directed by R. Viraj under the banner of 459 Entertainment, the film stars Mohan Agashe, Tushar Dalvi, Vinay Apte, Sulekha Tendulkar, Rima Lagoo, Vidyadhar Joshi. Chinmay Udgirkar plays the role of Shyam, Smita Talwalkar and Shekhar Navre play guest roles. The film releases on December 14.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness