Shyamche Vadil... tackles social issues
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Tackling the issue of divorce which has become rampant in our society today, the film Shyamche Vadil-Ek Nave Parva sensitively portrays the effect that divorce has on the social fabric of a family. Considered taboo years ago, divorce no longer remains a stigma and reflects the growing level of intolerance that is prevalent in the society. It also depicts how children can manipulate their parents and cause a rift in their relationship.
The film revolves around a couple, Madhav and Leena Deshpande, who are married for over 25 years. While the wife is a working woman, the husband looks after their only son and does sundry jobs to earn a living. Their son Shyam goads his father to seek divorce from his mother, thus upsetting a happy marriage. Produced by Ajay Pathak and directed by R. Viraj under the banner of 459 Entertainment, the film stars Mohan Agashe, Tushar Dalvi, Vinay Apte, Sulekha Tendulkar, Rima Lagoo, Vidyadhar Joshi. Chinmay Udgirkar plays the role of Shyam, Smita Talwalkar and Shekhar Navre play guest roles. The film releases on December 14.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first