S-Iís son killed in altercation
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
An altercation over an SUV hitting a car led to the murder of a sub-inspector's son and left his friend critically injured in Civil Lines area of Meerut district late on Sunday night. One of the accused was arrested on Monday.
Sub-inspector Antariksha Singh, who is father of the deceased, is posted with the local intelligence unit in Moradabad district, said Meerut SP (City) Om Prakash. Civil Lines SHO O P Tripathi said the incident took place when the S-I's son Pranjal (31) left home for Mussoorie along with his friends Bablu Jain, Arvind Kumar and Sonu Sharma in a Maruti Alto.
They took fuel from Saket petrol pump and were waiting for another friend, Vikas Rana, when Ankur Yadav, who is getting a commercial building constructed close to the petrol pump, banged into Pranjal's car while backing his Scorpio. The accident led to a heated exchange between Bablu Jain and Ankur when Bablu slapped him. Ankur called up his friends who attacked Bablu with sticks and knives. As Pranjal came to the rescue of his friend, the youths stabbed him several times on his stomach and back.Ankur and his friends escaped from the place. The victims were rushed to Anand Hospital in the city where Pranjal was declared dead after an hour. The condition of Bablu is stated to be critical, Tripathi said. Ankur has been arrested and efforts are on to trace others