Siblings go missing under mysterious circumstances
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
Went missing from Baldev Nagar, Rahon Road, on Friday night
A brother-sister duo went missing from Baldev Nagar, Rahon Road, under mysterious circumstances on Friday.
Pooja (11), a student of class 2, and her younger brother Vishal (8), a student of class 1, reportedly went to a neighbour on Friday evening and asked them to lend Rs 50 on the pretext to buy notebooks, and never returned home.
Shivji Upadhyaye, father of the children, said, "My children have gone missing since Friday evening. My wife and I returned from work around 8 pm to find our children missing. Our two younger sons - Kundan (6) and Shivan (5) were sleeping when we got back. They (Kundan and Shivam) informed us that Pooja had cooked and served food to them before she left the house with Vishal".
"We tried to find them on our own, but to no avail, eventually we filed a missing report at the Basti Jodhewal police station," he added.
SHO Balwinder Singh said the neighbour confirmed that Pooja and Vishal had come to them to borrow Rs 50 to buy notebooks. "The neighbours told the children that they could give them notebooks, but not money. We have launched a drive to find the missing children," the SHO added.
- Part of Azad Maidan to be briefly closed next year for Metro work
- Telephone operator deposes before Juvenile Justice Board in her ‘last court visit’ in case
- Weapons in check-in baggage
- Hailstorm-hit farmers an angry lot in Osmanabad, NCP pins hopes on rebels in Sena-BJP camp
- ‘It is for the people of India to decide who should be their next PM, and we will willingly engage with the government’
- Life of Pie