Siblings go missing under mysterious circumstances
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Went missing from Baldev Nagar, Rahon Road, on Friday night
A brother-sister duo went missing from Baldev Nagar, Rahon Road, under mysterious circumstances on Friday.
Pooja (11), a student of class 2, and her younger brother Vishal (8), a student of class 1, reportedly went to a neighbour on Friday evening and asked them to lend Rs 50 on the pretext to buy notebooks, and never returned home.
Shivji Upadhyaye, father of the children, said, "My children have gone missing since Friday evening. My wife and I returned from work around 8 pm to find our children missing. Our two younger sons - Kundan (6) and Shivan (5) were sleeping when we got back. They (Kundan and Shivam) informed us that Pooja had cooked and served food to them before she left the house with Vishal".
"We tried to find them on our own, but to no avail, eventually we filed a missing report at the Basti Jodhewal police station," he added.
SHO Balwinder Singh said the neighbour confirmed that Pooja and Vishal had come to them to borrow Rs 50 to buy notebooks. "The neighbours told the children that they could give them notebooks, but not money. We have launched a drive to find the missing children," the SHO added.