Navjot Singh Sidhu’s latest: ‘This is PM poll, elect Narendra Modi’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Navjot Singh Sidhu on Sunday declared the coming elections are not for the chief minister of Gujarat but for the prime minister. His comments came a day after the BJP's Sushma Swaraj declared Narendra Modi to be competent for the prime minister's post.
At a meeting in Ahmedabad on Sunday, Sidhu urged voters to help take Modi to Delhi. "Rajiv Gandhi kahte the ki Rs 100 me se sirf Rs 10 hi garibon tak pahunchta hai, par Narendra Modi kahte hain mujhe Rs 100 do, main Rs 110 garibon tak pahunchaunga," he said. "Isiliye main kahta hun mitron, ki ye Gujarat ke mukhya mantra ka chunav nahin hai par hindustan ke pradhan mantra ka hai."
This time, he refrained from personal attacks on any candidate.
"Ye Angad ka pair hai jo Gujarat mein jamne vala hai, aur ap logon ko ise Delhi le kar jana hai. After Atal Bihari Vajpayee, if there is any national leader, it is Narendra Modi," he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, "Congress Munni se zyada badnaam hai aur Sheela se zyada neelam."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18