Sikander Kher's stepsister Tara makes Bollywood debut as porn-writer Mastram's wife
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Tara Alisha Berry, who lost her golfer-father Gautam Berry just two months ago, is making her entry into Bollywood with a very unusual debut vehicle.
Tara was recently in news for an unsavoury property dispute with her stepbrother Sikander (Gautam Berry's son from his first wife Kirron Kher). Tara will be seen in Gangs of Wasseypur writer Akhilesh Jaiswal's directorial debut film Mastram based on the porn litterateur.
Tara plays the wife of Hindi pornographic literature's resident-guru Mastram. When asked about her unusual choice for a debut, Tara said: "It was the script that clinched the deal for me. I had no clue who Mastram was. But I simply fell in love with the script. Director Akhilesh Jaiswal and I connected instantly."
Tara was not put off by the porn theme. "The film is about a porn writer. But there is nothing lurid or sleazy about the content. I found that to be deliciously ironical. It's a film about India's most well-known porn writer. But it's porn-free."
The debutante says the experience has made her confident about the film industry."It was a very fulfilling experience."
Being from a celebrity family, Tara doesn't mind struggling her way into stardom. "I think my journey so far has been similar to anyone who joins the entertainment business. I think it's equally hard work for film kids and for those who come from outside the film industry."