Silver Lake’s bid likely best for Dell
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
A potential bid by PE firm Silver Lake and its partners to take Dell private is unlikely to be topped by other investors, people familiar with the matter said.
Silver Lake has a major advantage in having secured the backing of founder and CEO Michael Dell, who has a roughly 16% stake in the world's No.3 PC maker and would participate in the buyout consortium. A deal is imminent with Silver Lake and its partners although the parties have yet to agree on a final price, sources said.