Silver screen saint
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
After a long gap, film audiences will be treated to a movie based on philosopher-poet and saint of Maharashtra - Sant Tukaram. Produced by Everest Entertainment, the film Tukaram will hit the theatres in May. Directed by Chandrakant Kulkarni, the film stars Jeetendra Joshi in the role of Tukaram. The other actors in the film are Radhika Apte, Veena Jaamkar, Sharad Ponkshe, Prateeksha Lonkar and Yatin Karyekar. The film also boasts of music directed by Ashok Patki and Avdhoot Gupte. The story focusses on Sant Tukaram's abhangs and philosophy which are the results of his life's experiences.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism