- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Sabyasachi's template of mixing textures and prints may be going through an overkill, making clones of all of us. But simply irresistible are his newest line of vintage clutches. With delicate gold and peal embroidery, these take any simple kurta (or even a basic LBD) to fashionable places. Team it with his brocade and zardozi hairbands.
Manish Malhotra is the name on everyone's lips these days. Much of this has to do with Kareena Kapoor's wedding, where he dressed up the bride and her friends and family. Malhotra is also riding the wave of the anarkali silhouette — he's layered it, turned it into a floor-sweeping gown and brought amazing contemporary touches to it which have found fans in Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Karisma Kapoor.
Manish Arora, on the other hand, has collaborated with Rajasthani jewellery label Amrapali to bring us some fun and colourful baubles in traditional avatars. A bridal haath-phool is made with a bright pink dragon, and a kada has two tiger heads. There are maang tikkas, earrings and necklaces served with a twist.
This line was also shown by Arora at his Paris Fashion Week Spring-Summer show.
I don't think we've ever seen such playfulness with saris either. The beautiful Indian drape refuses to fade away, constantly reinventing itself for the young and avant-garde.
Designer Suman Bajaj is the newest to toy with the sari; his comes with a handy inbuilt pocket. "I like to surprise my clients by fulfilling an unrecognised requirement, and giving them something they only realise they need once it's available," she says in an interview to a magazine.
Varun Bahl's T-shirt saris are a personal favourite — it's usually a lightly embroidered sari with an embroidered T-shirt in net and lycra. If this doesn't promise to light up our closets (and lighten our wallets), nothing else will.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'