Singer Chitra overtaken by grave tragedy
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Singer Chitra, who made every heart croon with her soulful rendition of 'Payali Chunmun Chunmun' from the smash hit 'Virasat' and many other hit songs has suffered a tragedy.
The singer's eight-year old daughter Nandana, fell into a swimming pool and drowned on Friday morning. The child was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Reportedly, Chitra found out about the incident when she was in Sharjah to perform at music maestro AR Rahman's concert.
Many from the South Indian film industry had gone to pay their respects to Chitra's daughter, including Ilayaraja, Ganesh, Sreekumaran Thampi, S P Balasubramaniam, S Janaki, P Suseela, Mano, S P Shylaja, Sharath, Rajamani, Sujatha, Ajith and sportsperson Shiny Wilson.
The family returned to Chennai on the same day and kept the funeral for the child on Friday evening.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.