Singer Chitra overtaken by grave tragedy
- Chhattisgarh: Amit Jogi versus Bhupesh Baghel is now tape versus tape
- Of Rs 71,000-cr in Mudra loans, government credit Rs 2,000 cr
- Bijnor: Woman brutally beats up mother-in-law, caught on CCTV
- 30 dead judges on longlist: How Akhilesh Yadav tried to handpick Lokayukta until SC cracked down
- Seeking transfer to Centre, DDCA probe chief alleges pressure
Singer Chitra, who made every heart croon with her soulful rendition of 'Payali Chunmun Chunmun' from the smash hit 'Virasat' and many other hit songs has suffered a tragedy.
The singer's eight-year old daughter Nandana, fell into a swimming pool and drowned on Friday morning. The child was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Reportedly, Chitra found out about the incident when she was in Sharjah to perform at music maestro AR Rahman's concert.
Many from the South Indian film industry had gone to pay their respects to Chitra's daughter, including Ilayaraja, Ganesh, Sreekumaran Thampi, S P Balasubramaniam, S Janaki, P Suseela, Mano, S P Shylaja, Sharath, Rajamani, Sujatha, Ajith and sportsperson Shiny Wilson.
The family returned to Chennai on the same day and kept the funeral for the child on Friday evening.
- Is bankruptcy code the first of a new trend?
- Perceptions that the Modi government has moved Westwards are misplaced
- Akhand Bharat is a mainstay of Hindu nationalism
- Raja-Mandala: Silence is golden
- Why Hindutva must not be allowed to define Hinduism
- At Pathankot, lessons unlearnt from 26/11, and mistakes repeated