Singer Chitra overtaken by grave tragedy
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Singer Chitra, who made every heart croon with her soulful rendition of 'Payali Chunmun Chunmun' from the smash hit 'Virasat' and many other hit songs has suffered a tragedy.
The singer's eight-year old daughter Nandana, fell into a swimming pool and drowned on Friday morning. The child was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Reportedly, Chitra found out about the incident when she was in Sharjah to perform at music maestro AR Rahman's concert.
Many from the South Indian film industry had gone to pay their respects to Chitra's daughter, including Ilayaraja, Ganesh, Sreekumaran Thampi, S P Balasubramaniam, S Janaki, P Suseela, Mano, S P Shylaja, Sharath, Rajamani, Sujatha, Ajith and sportsperson Shiny Wilson.
The family returned to Chennai on the same day and kept the funeral for the child on Friday evening.
Nandana was a differently-abled child and was born to Chitra after 15 years of marriage. Chitra named her as 'Nandana', after she sung a devotional song in the movie 'Nandanam'.