Singer Chitra overtaken by grave tragedy
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Singer Chitra, who made every heart croon with her soulful rendition of 'Payali Chunmun Chunmun' from the smash hit 'Virasat' and many other hit songs has suffered a tragedy.
The singer's eight-year old daughter Nandana, fell into a swimming pool and drowned on Friday morning. The child was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Reportedly, Chitra found out about the incident when she was in Sharjah to perform at music maestro AR Rahman's concert.
Many from the South Indian film industry had gone to pay their respects to Chitra's daughter, including Ilayaraja, Ganesh, Sreekumaran Thampi, S P Balasubramaniam, S Janaki, P Suseela, Mano, S P Shylaja, Sharath, Rajamani, Sujatha, Ajith and sportsperson Shiny Wilson.
The family returned to Chennai on the same day and kept the funeral for the child on Friday evening.
Nandana was a differently-abled child and was born to Chitra after 15 years of marriage. Chitra named her as 'Nandana', after she sung a devotional song in the movie 'Nandanam'.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore