Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport, released on bail
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Bollywood singer Mika Singh was today detained at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7.30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official told PTI.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
Mika has sung various superhits songs in films like Housefull 2, Double Dhamaal, Jab We Met and others.