Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport, released on bail
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Bollywood singer Mika Singh was today detained at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7.30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official told PTI.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
Mika has sung various superhits songs in films like Housefull 2, Double Dhamaal, Jab We Met and others.