Singer Mika Singh detained at Mumbai airport, released on bail
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Bollywood singer Mika Singh was today detained at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline around 7.30 pm, was intercepted by customs officials.
During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh in cash, a senior Customs official told PTI.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make declaration about the same upon arrival, he said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession, the official said, adding his statement was being recorded.
Mika has sung various superhits songs in films like Housefull 2, Double Dhamaal, Jab We Met and others.