Singer Mika Singh gets bail
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Bollywood singer Mika Singh, who was arrested last night at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit, was today granted bail for Rs one lakh, Customs officials said.
"Singh was let off after being granted bail for Rs one lakh. In his statement, the singer claimed he got the money for performing stage shows for two days abroad," an official said.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline at around 7.30 PM yesterday, had been intercepted by the officials. During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh cash.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make a declaration about the same upon arrival, the official said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession following which he was arrested under relevant sections of Customs Act.