Singer Mika Singh gets bail
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
Bollywood singer Mika Singh, who was arrested last night at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit, was today granted bail for Rs one lakh, Customs officials said.
"Singh was let off after being granted bail for Rs one lakh. In his statement, the singer claimed he got the money for performing stage shows for two days abroad," an official said.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline at around 7.30 PM yesterday, had been intercepted by the officials. During checking, he was found in possession of USD 12,000 and Rs 3 lakh cash.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and USD 5,000 need to make a declaration about the same upon arrival, the official said.
The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency in his possession following which he was arrested under relevant sections of Customs Act.