Singer Sukhraj Aujla dies in road accident, wife injured
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Punjabi folk singer Sukhraj Aujla was killed and his wife sustained injuries after the car they were travelling in rammed into a tree near Kala Afghana village on Sunday. Police suspect that the steering of the Maruti 800 came off, thus Aujula lost control of the car and it hit the tree.
Fatehgarh Churian ASI Gurdev Singh said Aujla was declared dead on arrival at an Amritsar hospital, while Ranjit Kaur sustained injuries. "Her condition is said to be stable," he added. The 45-year-old was returning to his native village, Aujla, from Amritsar.
Aujla and his brother Anokh Aujla shot to fame through their songs — Nimi nimi tarian di lo and Rangli Madhani.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express