Singer Sukhraj Aujla dies in road accident, wife injured
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Punjabi folk singer Sukhraj Aujla was killed and his wife sustained injuries after the car they were travelling in rammed into a tree near Kala Afghana village on Sunday. Police suspect that the steering of the Maruti 800 came off, thus Aujula lost control of the car and it hit the tree.
Fatehgarh Churian ASI Gurdev Singh said Aujla was declared dead on arrival at an Amritsar hospital, while Ranjit Kaur sustained injuries. "Her condition is said to be stable," he added. The 45-year-old was returning to his native village, Aujla, from Amritsar.
Aujla and his brother Anokh Aujla shot to fame through their songs — Nimi nimi tarian di lo and Rangli Madhani.