Singing and acting are difficult professions: Asha Bhosle
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Legendary singer Asha Bhosle, who is making her acting debut with Hindi film 'Mai', says both singing and acting are difficult jobs.
"I think singing is difficult as one has to have expressive voice and at the same time be in 'sur' (tune). Acting is also difficult as actors have to do physical tasks and deal with emotions," she told reporters here today.
'Mai', directed by debutant Mahesh Kodiyal, releases on February 1. It is about a woman who is abandoned by her son and she goes on to stay with her daughter and son-in-law.
"I was nervous while doing scenes with Anupam Kher but, he made me feel comfortable. Everyone was cooperative," the 79-year-old playback singer said.
Bhosale said her singer-sister Lata Mangeshkar has not seen the film. "She has not seen the movie yet. But she gave me her blessings. She is happy that I am acting in this film." On the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops along the LoC last week, she said, "India is our mother...I would like to be born again here. India is a peace loving country and we never fight. I don't know what should be done and what not."
About reports that concerts of Indian and Pakistani artistes have got cancelled, the 79-year-old singer said, "I have never been to Pakistan...I don't want to take that route."