Single-window clearance facility for Maharaja Sayajirao University students
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
In an attempt to streamline its administrative process, the Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU) inaugurated a single-window clearance system for students here Sunday.
State Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama inaugurated the new facility in the presence of MSU Chancellor Mrunalini Devi Puar and Vice-Chancellor Professor Yogesh Singh on Sunday. The facility has been named Students' Facilitation Centre.
"There are five windows and a reception counter in the centre. Students will be able to file their applications regarding all academic purposes, including seeking changes in marksheets and obtaining various certificates and pay fees at single counter," in-charge registrar of MSU Amit Dhalakia said.
He added that with the opening of the new facility, students would not require to go buy form from one counter, pay fee at another and submit application in department concerned.
The centre has also a video calling facility.
Women task-force formed
Following a circular of the UGC, the MSU set up a a five-member women's task-force to monitor situation of gender issues and safety of girl students and woman staffers of the varsity.
Prof Arti Nanavati of economics department was appointed the head of the panel. Prof Uma Joshi of Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, Prof Sarita Gupta of department of bio-chemistry, Prof Sudha Pandya from department of English and development officer Neeta Dhar are the members of the task-force.