Mamata MLA’s latest salvo: Trinamool leaders extorting money
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Later in the day, he received a call from the chief minister's office asking him to be present at the administrative meeting of the chief minister on November 30 in Singur. "I have decided that I will not attend the meeting if my present status is not clarified. I am yet to receive any letter from the CMO. But if the letter is addressed to Rabindranath Bhattacharya without any designation, I will not attend the meeting," he added.
Meanwhile, levelling the charge that some party leaders are extorting money from people, Bhattacharya said: "No action is being taken to stop such malpractices." he said.
He once again reiterated that he was removed from the agriculture department because he refused to give up his moral stand on certain issues. "I have seen my party members collecting money from the masses and asking for money against any job they do for them," he said.
BJP says Trinamool exposed, offers entry to the MLA
The West Bengal unit of the BJP slammed the Trinamool saying the Singur MLA Rabindranath Bhattacharya's latest allegations have exposed the practice of extortion carried out by the TMC supporters at grassroots level, "just like what it used to be during the CPM reign". State BJP president Rahul Sinha said the extortionists were the same people who used to be with the CPM earlier and now have "changed jerseys". He appreciated Bhattacharya's comments and suggested that he should immediately quit the TMC. "He is a learned and honourable person and should not stick to a party which is riddled with corrupt people." Asked if he wanted Bhattacharya to join the BJP, he said, "He is an honest man and someone like him is always welcome in the BJP."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18