Sirsa calm, schools to open today
Five days after supporters of Dera Sacha Sauda and Sikhs clashed in Sirsa forcing the district administration to impose curfew in the city, all educational institutions, including schools and colleges, are set to reopen on Thursday.
Due to the curfew, Deputy Commissioner J Ganeshan had ordered closure of the educational institutes till November 28. "The situation is totally peaceful now. We again relaxed the curfew from 6 am to 9 pm today. The same relaxation will continue tomorrow. However, the night curfew will remain in forced tonight as well. Paramilitary and Rapid Action Force personnel will remain stationed till further orders," Ganeshan said.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA