Sisodia, Birla visit night shelters, pull up officials for lack of facilities
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Aam Aadmi Party ministers Manish Sisodia and Rakhi Birla conducted surprise checks of night shelters across the capital on Friday night. Both ministers spoke to people in these shelters, listened to complaints and pulled up officials for a lack of appropriate facilities at the shelters.
Minister for Women and Child Development Minister Birla visited night shelters in Mangolpuri, Rajouri Garden, Azadpur, Qutub Road and Lori Gate between 10.30 pm and 4 am.
Criticising the cleanliness of shelters, Birla said, "The condition of these homes is bad. They don't have any facilities. Sanitation is a major problem here. It is shocking that toilets in some of the homes are non-operational."
Birla also came down hard on those in charge of the shelters and said, "Those in charge of the shelters say that they have not taken any money and are keeping the place clean, whereas it was visible how unhygienic and unclean the night shelters were," she said.
Sisodia visited shelters at Akshardham, Turkman Gate, Old Delhi railway station and Chandni Chowk. Sources said Sisodia reprimanded the caretakers of Turkman Gate and Chandni Chowk shelters for a lack of basic amenities.
The Delhi government on Saturday announced that it would launch a public grievance system in a week under which ministers will address the people's problems.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer