Sisodia moves into Mayur Vihar flat
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Chief Minister Kejriwal may still be house hunting, but Manish Sisodia seems to have zeroed in on his residence. The Urban Development Minister is expected to move into a two-bedroom government flat in Mayur Vihar Phase-I by the end of the week.
Sisodia confirmed that he had taken up a government accommodation. His flat will be on the ground floor of the building located in his constituency, Patparganj.
While no other Cabinet minister has taken a government accommodation yet, sources said even they might do so in the coming days.
There was, however, still no clarity on where Kejriwal would reside. After deciding not to take up the duplex flats on Bhagwan Dass Road, the minster is yet to finalise a "smaller" accommodation..
The Urban Development Ministry has said it was not its job to find a house for the CM. The bungalow in which former chief minister Sheila Dikshit resides belongs to Central Public Works Department (which comes under MoUD) and was allotted to her after Cabinet clearance.
Since Kejriwal had requested that he wanted a house in his constituency (New Delhi), sources said the New Delhi Municipal Council could be approached to find an accommodation for him.
The former Congress cabinet members, including Dikshit, are expected to be sent notices by Public Works Department to vacate their bungalows in the next 15-30 days.
If they still continue to occupy these bungalows, they will be asked to pay rent at market rate, officials said.
While former transport minister Ramakant Goswami has vacated his bungalow in Chanakyapuri, notices are expected to be sent out to Dikshit, Haroon Yusuf, who is now the the leader of the Congress legislature party, Arvinder Singh Lovely, who is now the Delhi Congress chief, former Congress chief whip Kanwar Karan Singh and former social welfare minister Kiran Walia.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit