Sister Abhaya case: CBI files chargesheet against three
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Nineteen years after the murder of Sister Abhaya in a Kerala convent, the CBI filed a chargesheet against two Christian priests and a nun for the crime.
The chargesheet was filed in Chief Judicial Magistrate Ernakulam against the three -- Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Thomas Poothrikkayil and Sister Sephy -- under section 302 (murder), section 201 (destruction of evidence) and 499 (defamation).
All the three were arrested on November 19 last year in the case that shocked Kerala after the 21-year-old sister was found dead in a well in St Pius convent in Kottayam on 27 March, 1992.
According to the CBI chargesheet, investigation revealed that the chappals and veil of the victim had been found scattered in the kitchen and wash area on the Cellar Floor of the Convent.
The accused Sister was the sole occupant of the Cellar Floor on the night when the crime took place and the well, where the dead body of Sister Abhaya had been found, was at a hearing distance from the room occupied.
The probe also revealed that two male accused were in the habit of making nocturnal visits to the Convent Hostel and "were known to be close to another female accused", the chargesheet said.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express