- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Tabu to play Salman Khan's elder sibling in Mental
While Tabu has played a mother in her earlier films, this is the first time that she will be essaying the role of a hero's sister
Salman Khan's next has been a talking point since its inception. To be directed by his brother, Sohail Khan, the film which was earlier titled Radhe, will now be called Mental. Moreover, several names like Karishma Kotak, Diana Penty and Daisy Shah have cropped up for the role of the female lead opposite Khan, but no actress has been finalised yet.
Apart from Salman Khan, news is that Tabu has been finalised to play a pivotal role in the film. The Chandni Bar actress will play Khan's sister.
"Tabu is confirmed for the film. She plays Salman's elder sister," says a source associated with the project. While the actress has played a mother in films like Astitva and Life Of Pi, this is the first time that she will be essaying the role of a hero's sister. Moreover, this film marks her fourth collaboration with Khan after Hum Saath Saath Hain, Biwi No. 1 and Jeet.
Mental is said to be a remake of the Chiranjeevi starrer Telugu hit Stalin, a story of a war hero. Interestingly, in the 2006 South version, actress Khushboo played the hero's sister. Meanwhile, the makers are set to begin the film's shoot at the end of this month and the first schedule will take place in Dubai. However, when contacted,both Sohail Khan and Tabu remained unavailable for comment.