- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Tabu to play Salman Khan's elder sibling in Mental
While Tabu has played a mother in her earlier films, this is the first time that she will be essaying the role of a hero's sister
Salman Khan's next has been a talking point since its inception. To be directed by his brother, Sohail Khan, the film which was earlier titled Radhe, will now be called Mental. Moreover, several names like Karishma Kotak, Diana Penty and Daisy Shah have cropped up for the role of the female lead opposite Khan, but no actress has been finalised yet.
Apart from Salman Khan, news is that Tabu has been finalised to play a pivotal role in the film. The Chandni Bar actress will play Khan's sister.
"Tabu is confirmed for the film. She plays Salman's elder sister," says a source associated with the project. While the actress has played a mother in films like Astitva and Life Of Pi, this is the first time that she will be essaying the role of a hero's sister. Moreover, this film marks her fourth collaboration with Khan after Hum Saath Saath Hain, Biwi No. 1 and Jeet.
Mental is said to be a remake of the Chiranjeevi starrer Telugu hit Stalin, a story of a war hero. Interestingly, in the 2006 South version, actress Khushboo played the hero's sister. Meanwhile, the makers are set to begin the film's shoot at the end of this month and the first schedule will take place in Dubai. However, when contacted,both Sohail Khan and Tabu remained unavailable for comment.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed