Six ‘educated’ gangsters held, weapons seized
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Police on Monday nabbed six people who were part of a gang and were also involved in the murder of two persons.
The arrested accused are Gagandeep Singh, Jagdev Singh, Ravipal Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Ashwinder Pal Singh and Gurinder Singh. The seventh accused, Gurjant Singh, ran away. ADCP Nilambari Jagdale said, "Out of these, Gagandeep Singh is an engineer while Gurinder has a BTech degree. The rest are under-graduates."
They were nabbed along with one automatic 0.32 pistol with two live cartridges, one .32 bore revolver, two sickles, two swords, one iron rod, 50 gram heroin and 500 gram intoxicant powder.
The ADCP said that all of them had more than seven-eight cases each pending against them and had been to jails a number of times. All of them were involved in selling drugs. They would consume drugs and commit crime after that.
Gagandeep faced murder charges and was part of a gang under which he carried out many criminal activities in Mehalkalan and Barnala areas in the past. Ravipal Singh was involved in the murder of one Amarinder Gandhi, also a part of the gang, added the ADCP.
The police produced the accused in court, which remanded them in four days' police custody.
In another case, Meharbaan police station nabbed two members of Chandrama gang. They are Subash Kumar and Suve Kumar, both migrants from UP. The kingpin, Chandrama, has already been arrested.
The police also seized aluminium worth Rs 4.5 lakh from them.
SHO Inderjeet Singh said, "There were about 26 people in this gang. A number of them are already in jail while two were caught today. Around five-six are still to be arrested."
The gang used to take the security guards of factories hostages and steal aluminium, nickel, and sell it to Ludhiana scrap dealers.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress