Six arrested for gangrape of Swiss woman
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
The Madhya Pradesh Police Sunday arrested six men in connection with the gangrape of a Swiss woman near Datia. The police claimed that the accused, four of whom allegedly raped the 39-year-old tourist who was on way to Agra on Friday night, have confessed. The gangrape was committed in the presence of the victim's 29-year-old husband, who was beaten up.
All the accused, identified as Vishnu, Nitin, Gaja, Bhutaha, Rampro and Baba, are between the ages of 20 and 30 and five of them were held from a village near the crime scene. They had gone missing from their dera (camp) after the incident and the police were tipped off about their location.
The police claimed to have recovered the victim's laptop and mobile from them.
The couple, meanwhile, reached Delhi on Sunday by train. The victim had requested that she and her husband receive treatment in Delhi. Before leaving, they did not identify any of the suspects.
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
- AAP’s existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- HC breather for widow, stay on sessions court order to act against her for filing ‘false complaint’
- Explain stand to DCP: HC to TISS students
- Cops record statements of two priests whom Sanap ‘consulted after crime’
- Atletico end Italian hopes