Six arrested for gangrape of Swiss woman
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
The Madhya Pradesh Police Sunday arrested six men in connection with the gangrape of a Swiss woman near Datia. The police claimed that the accused, four of whom allegedly raped the 39-year-old tourist who was on way to Agra on Friday night, have confessed. The gangrape was committed in the presence of the victim's 29-year-old husband, who was beaten up.
All the accused, identified as Vishnu, Nitin, Gaja, Bhutaha, Rampro and Baba, are between the ages of 20 and 30 and five of them were held from a village near the crime scene. They had gone missing from their dera (camp) after the incident and the police were tipped off about their location.
The police claimed to have recovered the victim's laptop and mobile from them.
The couple, meanwhile, reached Delhi on Sunday by train. The victim had requested that she and her husband receive treatment in Delhi. Before leaving, they did not identify any of the suspects.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer