Six booked for rape, wrongful confinement
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Six persons were booked for allegedly raping a 30-year-old woman of Bhiwani district and keeping her in wrongful confinement for more than one year, police said here onn Monday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, she was abducted by the accused on August 30, 2011 and brought to Rampura village near Rewari where she was repeatedly raped for weeks at gunpoint at the residence of one of them, they said.
Later, she was taken to Palam Vihar, Gurgaon and other places and finally to the Kherthal area of Alwar district in Rajasthan.
The victim alleged that she was continously raped by the accused during the period, police said.
However, she somehow managed to get out of their clutches and filed a complaint against them at the Rampura police station.
Accordingly, a case of rape, abduction and wrongful confinement was lodged against Ram Niwas, his wife Kamlesh Devi, his three relatives- Shri Bhagwan, Jaipal and Mahipal, all residents of Asia Ki Gorawas village and victim's sister-in-law Anita Devi of Bhiwani district.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating