Six booked for rape, wrongful confinement
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Six persons were booked for allegedly raping a 30-year-old woman of Bhiwani district and keeping her in wrongful confinement for more than one year, police said here onn Monday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, she was abducted by the accused on August 30, 2011 and brought to Rampura village near Rewari where she was repeatedly raped for weeks at gunpoint at the residence of one of them, they said.
Later, she was taken to Palam Vihar, Gurgaon and other places and finally to the Kherthal area of Alwar district in Rajasthan.
The victim alleged that she was continously raped by the accused during the period, police said.
However, she somehow managed to get out of their clutches and filed a complaint against them at the Rampura police station.
Accordingly, a case of rape, abduction and wrongful confinement was lodged against Ram Niwas, his wife Kamlesh Devi, his three relatives- Shri Bhagwan, Jaipal and Mahipal, all residents of Asia Ki Gorawas village and victim's sister-in-law Anita Devi of Bhiwani district.
Further probes are on into the case, they added.