Six DCs among 35 officers shifted by HP govt
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
In a first major administrative reshuffle, while sidelining several bureaucrats close to the previous BJP regime, the new Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday shifted six deputy commissioners and posted senior IAS officer Prem Kumar as the additional chief secretary (Home and Vigilance).
The government also removed Shimla Municipal commissioner but retained two key IAS officers — Arun Sharma and R S Gupta — who were both private secretaries to chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, without posting. New deputy commissioners were posted for Shimla, Kullu, Kangra, Hamirpur, Sirmaur and Bilaspur.
Dinesh Malhotra, director of Himachal Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) was made the new deputy commissioner of Shimla. He succeeded Subhashish Panda, who was appointed as the managing director of Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation as well as director (Tourism).
On the other hand, Hamirpur deputy commissioner Rajender Singh will replace Malhotra as HIPA director. Moreover, Kullu Deputy Commissioner Amandeep Garg was posted as the director of rural development and panchayati raj. He will also hold the charge of National Rural Health Mission as its executive officer.
Mohan Chauhan, secretary to HP Public Service Commission was posted as the director of industries. He replaced J S Rana, who was made the managing director of General Industries Corporations.
Sirmaur deputy commissioner Singh Chauhan was posted as the special secretary (AR) while R N Batta was appointed as the secretary of HP Public Service Commission, Shimla.
At a higher level, Additional Chief Secretary Prem Kumar was made the new Additional Chief Secretary (Home and Vigilance), replacing P C Dhiman. He will also hold additional charge of food and supplies.
While additional chief secretary (Revenue) Deepak Sanan was shifted to animal husbandry, P Mitra, additional chief secretary (Agriculture, Fisheries, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj and Animal Husbandry), will replace him.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer