Six DCs among 35 officers shifted by HP govt
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
In a first major administrative reshuffle, while sidelining several bureaucrats close to the previous BJP regime, the new Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday shifted six deputy commissioners and posted senior IAS officer Prem Kumar as the additional chief secretary (Home and Vigilance).
The government also removed Shimla Municipal commissioner but retained two key IAS officers — Arun Sharma and R S Gupta — who were both private secretaries to chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, without posting. New deputy commissioners were posted for Shimla, Kullu, Kangra, Hamirpur, Sirmaur and Bilaspur.
Dinesh Malhotra, director of Himachal Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) was made the new deputy commissioner of Shimla. He succeeded Subhashish Panda, who was appointed as the managing director of Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation as well as director (Tourism).
On the other hand, Hamirpur deputy commissioner Rajender Singh will replace Malhotra as HIPA director. Moreover, Kullu Deputy Commissioner Amandeep Garg was posted as the director of rural development and panchayati raj. He will also hold the charge of National Rural Health Mission as its executive officer.
Mohan Chauhan, secretary to HP Public Service Commission was posted as the director of industries. He replaced J S Rana, who was made the managing director of General Industries Corporations.
Sirmaur deputy commissioner Singh Chauhan was posted as the special secretary (AR) while R N Batta was appointed as the secretary of HP Public Service Commission, Shimla.
At a higher level, Additional Chief Secretary Prem Kumar was made the new Additional Chief Secretary (Home and Vigilance), replacing P C Dhiman. He will also hold additional charge of food and supplies.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP